Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Meet Arien!

That's right!  This little kitten officially has a name!  My husband and I have decided to name her Arien.  Within minutes of sitting down to talk about naming her, my husband came up with a different name that we really liked, but I couldn't bring myself to commit to it.  I decided that I wanted to spend a bit more time looking for something more unique.  With the other name as inspiration, I found the name Arien.  Arien is from Tolkien's works, as are most of the names of our pets (sorry Kira! 😂).  Arien means "maiden of sunlight" in Quenya.  She was a spirit of fire and a Maia maiden who guided the sun (which was made from the last fruit produced from the tree, Laurelin).  If you're interested, you can read more about Arien by going to: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Arien










No comments:

Post a Comment