Thursday, December 8, 2016

Meeting Bailey!

Beren got to meet Bailey on Tuesday!  Bailey is basically Beren's cousin (she is my brother's dog).  :)  I couldn't believe that they are basically the same size except that Bailey weighs more.  It really made me realize just how much and how quickly Beren has grown!  Anyways, they had fun playing together!  I was surprised at their interactions.  It didn't go like I thought it would.  Bailey made it clear from the beginning that she was going to be the alpha dog, and she communicated this by barking at Beren which made him run and take cover under our Christmas Tree (that poor tree took a beating that day!).  She also was the one that initiated the playing (which was super surprising to me!).  She would bark at Beren and then they would run around together and take turns chasing each other.  She seemed to like Beren a lot at first.  She was so excited that she was foaming and drooling everywhere.  But after a couple hours, Bailey seemed to be annoyed with Beren and was trying to figure out where to go to get away from him.  He finally seemed to understand and went back to his usual method of annoying me, which is to bring a ball and try to stuff it into my lap until I throw it for him.  You should definitely watch the video to see them running around together!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment