Saturday, April 9, 2022

A Bit More of Link

 

Link goes home soon so I wanted to post the rest of the pictures I've taken.  The second half of this week has been much busier, and we've had to separate the cats so I haven't taken many pictures.  Basically, Arien went from hiding from Link to using the cat door (which she rarely does) to go to the basement to attack Link.  So, we've had to make it so the cat door can't be accessed unless we are home and Arien is sound asleep.  It's been a bit annoying fiddling with doors and a gate just to get things secure enough that Link is safe and Arien is somewhat happy.  Link has been very lonely, but I've been spending as much time with him as I can while keeping him tucked away downstairs.  I have also been letting Kira go to the basement to visit him as much as possible.  Kira still sometimes hisses at him if he's moving around, but she doesn't attack him and mostly seems happy to be with him in the basement.  I caught them sleeping on separate couches.  They are so cute.  

All in all, despite having to enforce the "worst case scenario" plan of keeping the cats almost 100% separated, Link has been a sweetheart and is handling it so well!  I was afraid he'd destroy things out of boredom or frustration of hearing us upstairs but being alone.  But he's being an angel.  That said, I doubt he'll be visiting us again.  Arien has been so stressed and upset whenever she hears him, sees him through the cat door, or smells him.





No comments:

Post a Comment